Roger Christian & Co, Inc., an award-winning San Antonio-based agency, is seeking to add talented professionals to its team. Our team works with leading brands at a regional and national level, great clients across entertainment, packaged goods, food service, financial and dental manufacturing industries. We’re looking for an individual that can add to our innovative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial culture. The right person will enjoy a fast-paced environment and is a proactive problem solver that wants to contribute to the success of the company.
We have an opportunity for an Accountant with 5+ years of experience in Advertising and Marketing to continue to help grow our agency. The position plays a critical role in supporting our operational requirements. In this role, you would be responsible for specific administrative functions relating to electronic generation of, posting, and tracking accounts receivable, and paying accounts payable. Additional responsibilities will include clients’ billing, journal entries, budgets, and analysis of profitability, as well as offering support to the Human Resources and Office Management department when needed.
The Accountant will have some management responsibilities of the agency accounting personnel and will report directly to the CEO.
- Compiling Monthly Financial Reports
- Posting and keeping an accurate record of the accounts payable. Including reviewing and verifying for accuracy. Preparing checks for payments
- Maintaining accurate records of financial transactions (including aging reports)
- Process Client Billing. Retainer, production, media, and end of month invoices and preparing for submission to client; keeping an accurate aging of accounts receivable and informs management of delinquencies.
- Month end closing of books and preparation of monthly financial reports and other necessary reports
- Timely preparation and filling of all sales tax reports
- Reviews submitted Payroll
- Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
- Posting of all necessary journal entries
- Ensures that the agency’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments
- Manages Balance Sheet and Profit/Loss Statements
- Reconcile accounts payable, accounts receivable, Work in Progress, accrued liabilities and other payable accounts
- Bank Reconciliations and make deposits weekly
- Audit financial policies and regulations
- Maintains daily banking relationships
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Analysis of client profitability
- Prepares all fiscal year end audit/review schedules for outside audit team
- Works with established accounting software, Advantage/Webvantage experience is a huge plus
- Periodic special projects
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a small business setting, preferably within the Advertising and Marketing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (will consider equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of advertising agency accounting software such as Advantage, AQUA is a plus
- Strategic problem-solving ability combining data, judgment, and intuition to make informed and timely business decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with team members
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Well-organized, with excellent follow through, an ability to work well under pressure, to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel, Adobe and google sheets
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently
- Acute attention to detail and high level of organization
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality regarding sensitive matters
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to foster/maintain relationships across multiple coworkers and clients
- Ability to understand what advertising production entails
- Ability to work independently and persistently persuade others to meet deadlines, etc.
- 401(k) and 401(k) Matching (after one year of service with quarterly enrollment)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
In compliance with the ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at 210-897-7740