Roger Christian and Company (RCCO) is growing and is searching for an experienced Jr. Digital Designer to help our team. We are looking for those who are thinkers and doers to become brand stewards for our roster of regional and national brands. If this is you, please read on.
At RCCO, a Jr. Digital Designer will interface with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client, including meetings with internal creative, digital, and production teams. You will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day. As the Jr. Digital Designer, you will report to the Director of Digital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Concept, design and develop compelling assets for brand-building initiatives, including emails, animations, landing pages, promotional assets, image cropping/resizing, and posts for social platforms
- Create innovative user experiences based on an understanding of customer needs and brand guidelines
- Communicate original concepts through sketches, wireframes, visual comps, and interactive prototypes
- Research art and digital design trends within the marketing, digital and advertising industry; present ideas and concepts for application of of-the-moment digital innovation
- Work closely with the creative team to execute in a manner that is on time and on brand
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Abilities Required
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- CSS, HTML, photo and video editing skills a plus
- Excellent sense of aesthetic design and a strong eye for detail
- Understand brand identity
- Strong knowledge of current web development best practices and web production techniques
- Strong understanding and experience with digital retouching and image production
- Dynamic individual who has energy, enthusiasm and passion for digital innovation
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to be responsive, think proactively, multitask, and prioritize in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
To be considered, you must submit an online or PDF portfolio demonstrating previous digital design work that showcases experience and creativity.
Education and Experience Required
- College degree
- Demonstrated layout/design ability
Our Competencies for All
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Flexibility and self-motivation are necessary as other duties may be assigned as needed.
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 897-7740.