RCCO is searching for a copywriter to support our large financial client across multiple portfolios and touchpoints, with a high emphasis on digital, email marketing and social media. You will also be working on other accounts and agency new business opportunities.
- You will work closely with art directors and members of the creative team at all levels to execute concepts for digital experiences, specifically email, microsites, landing pages, and blogs.
- You’ll be expected to actively contribute to the development of original concepts and create polished, final deliverables.
- You’ll interface directly with our clients to gather requirements, collect feedback, iterate, and deliver work.
- You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and evolution of the client’s brand voice.
- You’ll support our QA/Proofreading team to ensure the flawless delivery of all client-facing documentation.
- You are passionate about words and thrive on working with other smart people to conceive, articulate, and create concepts and solve the toughest challenges.
- You offer not only strong creative thinking but also exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- You also know how to extend concepts through the line to all aspects of a digital marketing ecosystem.
- You like creating creative copy but aren’t afraid of in-the-weeds functional and transactional writing as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborating with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of creative.
- Working with senior creative or project leads to ensure copy tone and style are consistent across the customer experience.
- Interacting with project teams to understand business objectives and constraints.
- Partnering with a project leads in reviewing and translating business requirements and technical mandatories into clear, concise, and actionable copy that’s enjoyable for readers.
- Collaborating with experienced designers to develop the best user experience for audiences.
- Develop engaging content pieces which work in tandem with our SEO initiatives to raise our websites search engine ranking for specific keywords.
- Understand keyword intent
- Tracking copy changes across multiple projects.
- Proofreading various deliverables for grammar, spelling, and consistency of the user experience while adhering to a tight delivery schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, Communications, or Marketing.
- 3-5 years of professional copywriting experience, preferably in an advertising agency environment with an emphasis on digital projects.
- A portfolio or collection of samples is REQUIRED and should be submitted with your application.
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles.
- Strong understanding of UX principles and how they relate to copy.
- Experience and demonstrated success in both marketing- and transactional-style writing.
- Acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop best-in-class creative campaigns and messaging for clients.
- Prefer prior experience working directly with clients to review, deliver, and present work.
- Prior experience proofreading, editing, and improving existing work.
- Ability to create/edit on-the-fly in creative meetings.
- Previous experience creating digital experiences and/or experience in Financial Services or with enterprise-heavy clients (tech, healthcare, insurance, etc.) a plus.
San Antonio, TX (this is not a remote position, must be willing to report to the office daily)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
In compliance with the ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at 210-897-7740